The standard Fedora presentation is to show:
- what is Fedora?
- who is Fedora?
- why does Fedora matter?
- how do you join the open source movement?
- what do we want to say to the developers in that audience?
- who are they?
- Java/J2EE developers
- other languages?
- interested in open communities
- already contributing somewhere
… and so I am going to include/emphasize:
- OpenJDK6 in Fedora 9 (and F8?)
- Fedora as best of what is now and …
- how Fedora feeds into the best of seven years future (RHEL, EPEL)
- why jboss.org is changing to that model and …
- how cool is that! ponder …
- JBoss Tools and, oh, yeah, we have Eclipse packages too
- IcedTea 7 in Fedora 9 (and F8?)
- … and don’t talk about JDK5
Let me know if you have any other ideas of what I should add. When I get a first pass at a revised presentation up, I’ll publish and post and all that.